Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Kansas...

...was no bueno. It is the Bermuda Triangle of the USA. We were lucky to make it out in less than 10 hours. If we had been carrying compasses they would have been of no use.

But now we are in Missouri and it is bueno. Good friends in the good humidity. We will be here until tomorrow and then make the trek to Wisconsin.
















LARGE windmills...highlight of the trip through Kansastic....no joke.















This group of LARGE windmills was the second highlight of yesterday's voyage.



Favorite music through the High Plains: Disc 2 of The Fellowship of the Ring (adapted for radio) by JRR Tolkien. If only Tom Bombadill would rescue us when we sang for him...

3 comments:

JR Rozko said...

Hey Michael and Katie - my name is JR, a friend of Matthew and Lisa's. They passed along your blog address and I am treking right along with you. Since my name is JR (kinda like JRR Tolkein) and since I actually watched Fellowship of the Ring yesterday, I thought this would be as good a time as any to say hello. Safe journey and hope to meet ya when you make it to Memphis.

Anonymous said...


In the words of old Tom,

Hey! now! Come hoy now! Whither do you wander?
Up, down, near or far, here, there or yonder?
Sharp-ears, Wise-nose, Swish-tail and Bumpkin,
White-socks my little lad, and old Fatty Lumpkin!


Let that warm your hearts a bit...

Anonymous said...

As you road trip, I sit on the couch, lap top on the top of my lap, along with a curled up kitty, a hot cup of coffee, an open book and The Office as background music.

At some point in your trip you will wish you were me.